RE: Speaking of roaring

For throttle cable...buy one for a slant 6. Its 4 inches longer. Atlas Obsolete has them for $108. Herbs has to order them.

On May 17, 2015 10:22 AM, "Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks - this must be the article – will most def help with my Lokar install:

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/1504-the-lowdown-on-stock-torqueflite-kick-down-linkage/

The Bouchilon hardware is certainly most Mopar like.  Only problem being finding the longer and correct throttle cable with the clevis on both ends.

I took a short cut on the electric choke wire too – has to be 12V here.....

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of carverex@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 6:52 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Speaking of roaring

Great Pictures and Congratulations! Further to Gary's comments, you have probably seen this magazine article, but if not I'd regret not mentioning it. April 2015 Mopar Muscle has an article "The Lowdown on Kick Down". If you haven't seen it, I'd be glad to scan it and post it to this thread.

I used a Bouchillon Performance cable kit which included the new transmission lever, but I find their cable bracket at the carb a bit flimsy. I'm still working with it to get the "sweet spot" for Kick Down and shift points.

Also, would you mind telling me where you connected your choke heater wire? I was lazy and tried to keep from going thru the firewall and just connected it to the ballast resistor, which created all kinds of problems.

I Love your pictures! They are an education!

Lyle

'63 Sport Fury