Electrical Problems

I hope I can get some help this morning.  My 65 Barracuda fuel gauge was alternating between normal and very high readings for a month or so and then suddenly began moving barely off of empty.  I grounded the fuel tank sending unit terminal and the gauge pegged full so I assumed the unit was bad.  I replaced it with a new unit and no change.  I tested both with an Ohmmeter and both checked out OK.  I connected the sending unit wire to the terminal and grounded the sending unit body directly to the negative battery terminal and the gauge barely moved off empty.

The alt gauge works OK and all other electrical is OK except temp gauge, which has been inoperative for a long time and has been replaced with an aftermarket gauge. What have I missed?  What's left to do?

Perhaps coincidently the radio stopped working about the same even though the connections and antenna are good. No improvement with a known good radio replacement.  Could I have a bad body or instrument cluster ground?  Where are these grounds located?  Thanks for any help.  Bob from Maine