From: Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/20/2015 12:28 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Chrysler Group <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: First day ever at the drag races

OK I TOTALLY suck at the drags.  lol   Well let me start by keeping it on topic.  There were about 12 Classic Mopars, a really mean 64ish Valiant that did 11.2, a 69 Charger that was one of the meanest cars I've ever seen, but I don't know what it ran.  A vega wagon that most days wins so I was told.  But in our group the meanest car was a 2006 Chrysler 300 with a 426 (Nick has that I think) and ran 10.1 10.2 it sure was a fun sleeper.

Now me.....Ugh I'm embarrassed.  I never knew the skill at the drag races.  My first run....ever... was 14.617 my charger should have done 13.5ish.  But I was late off the line.764   and the top speed for the 1/4 mile was 94.mph  OK, so I thought I would do better the next time around.....now that I saw how it works....wrong!  time 14.717 R/t .866 top speed 95.68.  I can't seem to get the lag from the pedal, my brain and the light right...yet.

I always thought drag cars were just more noise than go.  I've always loved the motor, and many of the cars but I didn't really appreciated the skills and timing from the driver.  I saw a mean 69 Chevelle I think, do 15.6 because of the driver.

I had a blast with my modern mopar car guys.  It was lots of fun, and I will go back...after a bit more practice, and maybe an upgrade or two.  It sure was nice to spend most of my day with car guys again, even if I sucked at the drags, and I'm a bit shy around new people.  I gotta learn sometime.  :)

Eric