Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 15 updates in 4

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 15 updates in 4 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
Electronic distributor
Mark Hendren <gooberdude30@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 04:05PM -0700

I am converting my 318 ploy over to electronic ignition. When I pulled my old dist. out and compared the two. They didn't look alike. My original point dist. shows the rotor aligned with the tab at ...more
Back to top
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury convertible Help
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 12:43PM -0700

Aloha, I am trying to find out about the header bow for my vert. Is there a
stainless or other piece that holds down the vinyl top next to the header
seal ? I just put on a brand new top and ...more
"DAVID ORR" <fe2orr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 04:15PM -0400

Chris, Aloha. Will be leaving for trip to the islands on 8/5 Wed. I looked at my header and it looks like there is a vinyl piece that works into the header unit. Parts book shows it as a whole unit, ...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 11:08AM -1000

Mahalo's Dave, call anytime. 808 640 3814
...more
Back to top
Dustless blasting
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 02:38AM -0700

Well the guy just confirmed he is coming on Saturday to dustless blast my
whole car. No warping like sand blasting. I'm not fond of sanding by
hand, let me tell you.

I'm nervous and excited. ...more
Victor Carre <vcarre33@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 12:08PM -0400

Dennis Gage did his truck on My Classic Car. Check out this youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvtI0qBL1Bc. Looks to be a good
alternative to sand blasting. I will be very interested ...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 12:50PM -0700

I will take before and after. and a video...should be interesting.

...more
Back to top
motor on stand.
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 02:47AM -0700

[image: Inline image 1][image: Inline image 2]Why does this bother me.
Seems a bit wobbly and I don't like it. But not tipped over or anything.I
just don't want it to fall off. Any tips?
...more
Michael LeFevre <493mike@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 06:37AM -0400

Eric,
Can you lower the engine with the mount adapter? A lower center of gravity
is what you need.
Mike LeFevre

...more
John Knox <cj6cj8@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 06:39AM -0500

I've run into that a few times. I usually make a removable stiff leg that
goes to the front of the pan.
...more
Herb <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 07:41AM -0500

You have to keep the mount centered on the engine. Lower it when up makes
it higher up side down. Also it is hard to control when rotating.

I am sure you don't want to hear this but you ...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 07:55AM -0500

Adding extra support is a good idea. Even using a 4x4 or bigger piece of wood strategically placed. For example, years ago a '62-'65 club member had his car's 383 on an engine stand; the engine stand ...more
JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>: Jul 30 06:14AM -0700

I made one out of wood and tucked it under the front of the oilpan, behind
the balancer. See pic.
...more
furyus63@xxxxxxxxxxx: Jul 30 01:27PM

Eric,

With the engine at rest lift it with your hoist about 1/2", measure and cut a 2x4 to fit under the balancer. The support will take a lot of weight off the rear rotating shaft spreading ...more
Gary Wilson <gwwilson70@xxxxxxxxx>: Jul 30 09:27AM -0700

Set the engine down of the floor until ready to work on it. Safest. Block
the engine with wooden block and leave the cherry picker hooked up to it.

--
Gwwilson
...more