hi gary h.
please send me an e-mail off line.
thanks jack
jcheek123456@gmail dot com

...more
Back to top
1964 dodge 880 start problems
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 05 06:48PM -0700

Where is the neutral start switch located?

Sent from my iPhone

...more
dongallimore <dongallimore@xxxxxxx>: Oct 06 06:37AM -0400

There are two points of connection. The starter relay on the firewall is one end. The other is on the driver's side of the transmission just above the pan rail automatic) on the backside or towards ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 11:45AM -0500

If the ns switch isn't working you won't get any kind of reaction from the
relay. Sounds like a high resistance issue lowering voltage. I had bad
connections on the switch due to a bad switch. ...more
JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>: Oct 06 10:29AM -0700

Or perhaps the famous nuked Amp gauge terminals which would be another high resistance area and a potential investigation point (assuming Amp gauge is not already bypassed).
...more
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 06 02:11PM -0700

Where and how do I check that?

Sent from my iPhone

...more
zachross07@xxxxxxxxx: Oct 06 02:13PM -0700

You guys are all bad ass... I haven't found the issue but man I appreciate the help trying to find it! The ex wife wanted me to sell it... I said um.... NO....haha!

Sent from my iPhone

...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 02:34PM -0700

Isn't a 64 880 the same as a 62 Newport? The 62's can do the same thing
with loose or bad connection at the back of the ignition switch, at the amp
gauge in the dash, at the bulkhead connection ...more
Bob <64ragtop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 04:46PM -0500

Here's a quick and not very dirty test/check of the bulkhead connector
that has worked for me. First disconnect the battery negative cable
(really should do that before any electrical work). ...more
Back to top
Brake Proportioning Valve
ALIENVOICE@xxxxxxx: Oct 06 04:06AM -0400

Since I am going from single to dual master cylinder for my 64 Fury, while
keeping drum/drum, with all new lines, etc, is it necessary, or advisable
to use a proportioning valve or splitter? ...more
JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>: Oct 06 02:08AM -0700

Yes, Larry. Regardless that it is drum/drum, you want a nice true,
straight stop that happens when the rear breaks get the right pressure.

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 4:06:30 AM UTC-4, Bubba ...more
Michael LeFevre <493mike@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 05:38AM -0400

Hi Larry,
The dual MC should have the same bore diameter as the original MC. That
should ensure you have the same pedal pressure as stock. If you haven't
changed drum sizes the car should stop like ...more
"Dan McCormack" <mcwheels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 09:41AM -0400

I have to disagree Jim. A splitter or divider valve yes but a 4 wheel drum brake system does not use a proportioning valve. Well one exception maybe, if you use an adjustable proportioning valve and ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 01:49PM

The answer can sometimes be found on good ol’ eBay..........
...more
JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>: Oct 06 07:30AM -0700

For sure I was implying an adjustable valve. My thought is the differences between the front and rear wheel cylinders were designed with that single master cylinder in mind, so throwing a different ...more
JimJablonski <groovinjim@xxxxxxx>: Oct 06 07:34AM -0700

Oh and thanks Dan regarding the Fury. I promise that car will never see a circle track :-)
...more
Bill Parker <hemirr@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 02:35PM -0400

Larry I've converted several to dual systems while keeping all drums. I've never installed a combo or proportioning valve and all worked great. Ranged in size from a body to d body. I'm not arguing ...more
Back to top
Mopar Electronic Distributor Question
Nico Over <nover2@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 06:01AM -0500

Hi, all, does any one know if the Mopar factory electronic distributor will trigger off a MSD style box or does it only work with the factory ignition such as the orange/chrome boxes? ...more
<todd86@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 11:45AM

I HAVE THE MSD AND CHRYSLER DISTRIBUTOR ON ALL MY CARS . THE ORINGIAL MSD BOXES WERE MADE BY CHRYSLER.

Sent from Windows Mail

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
Jay <krodskie@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 11:58AM

I'm using an MSD 6AL Digital box along with a PerTronix  Ignitor II Points Conversion , that I installed in a stock 67 RT distributor. The car starts up perfect, and what I like the most is ...more
patrick miller <patrickmiller1234@xxxxxxxxx>: Oct 06 04:38AM -0700

I have used it in the past and it worked fine for me.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android