Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 36 updates in 10

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 36 updates in 10 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
push button cables 63 / 65
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 09:13AM -0500

Also, the cases appear to be a little different too where the cable shifter
mates with the trans. The 65 trans has a larger diameter mating flange than
the earlier cars.

Bill M ...more
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 08:14AM -0800

Wow , this is getting interesting.
Also , I have a 63 front bb housing with a 65 tail shaft . which has a
slip yoke instead of a trunion . Not sure if that will make a difference ...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 07:31PM -0500

The tail shaft shouldn't make a difference for cable compatibility as the
cable connects to the main forward body. Now I don't know if this 65 tail
shaft in the earlier trans body are compatible ...more
Back to top
Coolant overflow bottle
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 29 09:46PM -0600

Here's my overflow bottle. And my engine build with some mock up added.
...more
Doug J <63sprtfury@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 29 09:52PM -0600

That overflow looks good that way. Probably a bit better than the first
time I took a car to the drag strip and was told I needed a "catch can"
which turned out to be a beer... I mean coke can ...more
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 29 10:48PM -0800

I know our 69 Fury III had one. I was going to put one from a modern mopar
in my car. It looks like the one from summit kind of.

...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 09:10AM -0500

I used the "square" version that Auto Zone carries. I hang it under the
battery tray and it works great! It's also completely out of sight! I just
bent the mounting bracket at a 90 to hang it from ...more
Bob <64ragtop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 08:50AM -0600

FWIW, I used an extra windshield washer fluid bottle mounted on the
right inner fender across from the stock bottle. I think it looks kinda
cool and it works just fine.

BC

...more
Mark Evans <hmsevans@xxxxxxx>: Dec 30 10:13AM -0500

Bill
Can you post a photo of it mounted

Mark

...more
"Bob Faunce" <bobsbelvedere@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 10:24AM -0500

I bought one from O’Reilly similar to the following. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?keyword=coolant+recovery+tank+-+universal

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 06:36PM -0500

I'll send in a few emails as they are big pics
On Dec 30, 2015 10:13 AM, "'Mark Evans' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail
...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 06:36PM -0500

On Dec 30, 2015 10:13 AM, "'Mark Evans' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail
...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 06:36PM -0500

It's tough to show as its hard to see...Intentionally!

Bill
On Dec 30, 2015 10:13 AM, "'Mark Evans' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail
...more
Back to top
Rear view mirror.
Michael LeFevre <493mike@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 07:20AM -0500

Hi Dave,
Have you received my replies?
Mike LeFevre

...more
Dave Cornelius <lt7dave@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 10:28PM

Hi Mike,
Replies on this email? I don't think so. Regarding mirrors?
Dave

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Michael LeFevre<493mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi ...more
Dave64 <dave426wedge@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 02:30PM -0800

Sorry - you mean David Orr? I got confused by the thread post tgat came to my email.

Dave
'64 Belvedere
...more
Back to top
65 Coronet Heater System Flow
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 09:06AM -0500

Gary,

It's impossible to bypass or eliminate the heater control valve as it makes
the othewr end of the heater core. I did confirm with an extra heater
control valve that it can flow both ways ...more
"Bob Faunce" <bobsbelvedere@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 09:23AM -0500

Hi – should you need a heater control valve, I used the following company a couple of years ago for a 65 B-body. As I recall, I paid about $100 in 2012 for an original replacement stock valve that ...more
Bob <64ragtop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 08:45AM -0600

FWIW, I used an extra windshield washer fluid bottle mounted on the
right inner fender across from the stock bottle. I think it looks kinda
cool and it works just fine.

BC

...more
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 01:57PM -0600

I was thinking of taking 2 extra heater hoses and removing what is attached to the heater core connections on the firewall. Then hooking the temporary hoses up to the heater core separately and ...more
"dennis.1963ply" <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 12:12PM -0800

OK, but be very careful with hose pressure. City water pressure may be
enough to rupture the core or damage the core by swelling the tubes.

Dennis C.

On Wednesday, December 30, 2015 at ...more
"jhanlon1903 ." <jhanlon1903@xxxxxxxxx>: Dec 30 05:28PM -0500

make sure the heater controls on the dash are open for heat when you try to
flow both ways

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:12 PM, dennis.1963ply <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx>