Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 15 updates in 6

Abridged summary of 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 15 updates in 6 topics

1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google Groups
Today's topic summary
View all topics
turbo 318 Poly?
<62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 12:43PM -0600

Does anyone know of a successful turbocharged poly 318 conversion? Preferably on a 62-65 Mopar. I see some 318 LA projects on the web but no Poly 318 versions.

Thanks,
Gary H.
...more
Back to top
Not t mine 1/8
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 13 05:14PM -0800

Rubber band tire ride very hard, BUT the corner really well! so....50/50
toss up for ride improvement. Depends how you are going to drive it.

Eric

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 5:04 PM, jhanlon1903 ...more
"Bob Faunce" <bobsbelvedere@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 09:19AM -0500

Let me tell you about hard tires. I bought a Miata a half dozen years ago on Autotrader and took a bus from Maine to Ohio to pick it up. The previous owner had been enjoying it but got a new ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 11:06AM -0600

Also people often just fill them up till they look "right". An apprentice
aired up my work truck tires cause they looked like and when I checked they
were at 100psi !!! You can't judge radials by ...more
John deVries <corneliusdevries@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 09:42AM -0800

Reading your several posts about temperature differences using a infrared gun. My past experience is infrared guns can show different temperatures depending on the emissivity of the item. ...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 06:07PM

Or they go by the max on the tire sidewall – not the auto’s recommendation – found on a door jamb label in today’s cars.....

I had the brain on my 2007.5 GMC 2500 adjusted down to reality ...more
Back to top
LeRoar is on the mend
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 08:57AM -0600

Richard-are the shots of the open motor the Ross pistons? What pistons you using in the new motor and ports in head look polished???

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 11:00AM -0600

Yes all the motor pictures are with the Rods pistons. However the pistons
were coated just before the best build with the 284 cam. If the heads are
silver looking they are the max ported ones. ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 11:02AM -0600

BTW those are hemi pistons that they use as I understand. And the entire
bottom end is the same since the beginning with the exception of the
pistons being coated later.

Rich Kinsley
...more
"Roland Osborne" <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 11:05AM -0600

What headers are those? And how much did you pay for the Ross and can we still get them? They look like a special configuration that should work with our heads/combustion chambers?

...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 14 11:10AM -0600

The headers are TTI and all this came from 2005-6. I got the pistons thru
Campbell Enterprises and they are good with poly's. I'm sure they are still
available but they are pricey. ...more
Back to top
Making progress
Doug J <63sprtfury@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 13 09:25PM -0600

Looking good (again) Rich !

Doug
63 Sport Fury ragtop

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:46 PM, 'Richard Kinsley' via The 1962 to 1965
...more
Back to top
Vintage Air A/C in 63 SF Completed !!
Eric Sturgis <ericsturgis@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 13 05:24PM -0800

Your car is amazing. Just wanted to say that our new car has a 220 amp
Alternator in it. My how times have changed.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:15 AM, dennis.1963ply <dennis.1963ply@xxxxxxxxx> ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 13 09:02PM -0600

Planning on welding?
...more
Back to top
welcome new member - 1963 Plymouth Sport Fury
Christopher Kroncke <g2c808@xxxxxxxxx>: Jan 13 05:20PM -0800

Aloha my friends, reg. gas is @ $2.50 a gal. in most places. but in more
remote spots it hits $4. a gal.

On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 4:56:44 AM UTC-10, Paul L. ...more
Back to top