----- Reply message -----
From: "James Hunt" <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" ...more
James Hunt <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 10:25AM -0500

Thanks, nothing is currently leaking. I have a new radiator cap 13 pounds
been stuck in traffic 80 degree day no overheating holds pressure. Should I
go poking at the freeze out plugs with a stick ...more
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 04:13PM -0500

First thing IMHO...Pull the block drain plugs (on the sides) and get it
ALL out. Then rig up some 1/4" black pipe and elbows with a hose end on
them (to put short hoses into WHITE 5 gal buckets so ...more
"jhanlon1903 ." <jhanlon1903@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 05:05PM -0500

after my rebuild i put XH nipples and SS ball valves with plugs in the block

...more
James Hunt <jshunt41@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 07:56PM -0500

Thanks for your advice, wish I knew about the block plugs before hand.
I'm feeling a little better about the fresh antifreeze and all the crap
that did flush out.
I'm not sure I'd want all that ...more
Back to top
Wiper blades refills
Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 04:23PM -0500

Napa has a classic series as well. I unfortunately do not have original
blade arms on my car and these look the part.

Bill M
On Feb 27, 2016 9:29 AM, "'patrick miller' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar ...more
Back to top
A990
Travis Rice <travis987654321@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 08:59PM

Stopped in Dallas earlier in the week to visit with a Dealer friend of mine. The 1st thing he did was drag me into the shop to see his latest acquisition. He's a Chevy guy so I was a little surprised ...more
"jhanlon1903 ." <jhanlon1903@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 04:12PM -0500

wow thanks for posting

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:59 PM, 'Travis Rice' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar
...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 09:16PM

290 miles ¼ mile at a time............. ¼ mile up.......... ¼ mile back............ ; )

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ...more
Back to top
Alternator for 64 Dodge Polara
"rosaschi" <rosaschi@xxxxxxx>: Mar 03 11:38AM -0800

Just want to say thanks to everyone for the postings on the 64 Dodge Polara stuff. It has helped me tremendously with my car!

I have rebuilt the 318 poly, transmission, upgraded the drive ...more
Travis Rice <travis987654321@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 07:53PM

Jim, Updated to a Powermaster 1 wire and very happy with it. Looks very close to OE with all new parts and internal voltage regulator, single wire connection and comes with a Proof of Performance ...more
Back to top
Carb spacer
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 02:59PM

There was mention of running a carb spacer recently. Anyone running composite spacers, to help keep the carb cooler? Any other benefits or losses, running a spacer on the new Poly 4bbl manifold? I ...more
Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 10:05AM -0500

There is also an aluminum shield you can put between the carb and intake I don’t have a picture sorry
jason

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 09:31AM -0600

It's hard to imagine there would be much heat using the new windtunnel
manifold. But I think a phenolic or wood spacer should be about equally
effective. It certainly won't hurt.
...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 04:18PM

A spacer would get the fuel line further away from the water temp sender..... another plus......

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 10:41AM -0600

Hmmm, that's a thought. When I ran a mechanical fuel pump the fuel line
ran within an inch of the headers at one point. When I switched to electric
I ran the line from the fender straight across to ...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 10:42AM -0600

Another thought with a mechanical pump is to make a heat shield for the
pump like Don D instructed us.
...more
"Hall, Ricky L" <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 04:57PM

If ethanol truly adds to it.... there are stations nearby that have ethanol free fuel.......... heck would be better for the lawn mower, chain saw etc..........

...more
Richard Kinsley <leroar.kinsley058@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 11:02AM -0600

On my goodness. Ethanol is probably 75% of your problem. I took it for
granted that you were not using ethanol.
...more
Back to top
!962 Plymouth Sports Fury 2 Dr Ht Parts car For Sale
russel finch <russel.j.finch@xxxxxxxxx>: Mar 03 07:14PM +1100

Sounds good Paul...my car came from Iowa .
When you have the radiator please send me a pic of the top tank.
Thanks

On Thursday, March 3, 2016, 'Paul L.
http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-le' ...more
Back to top