Re: Australian Assembled 1962 Phoenix Engine Size?

Re: Australian Assembled 1962 Phoenix Engine Size?

Hi Col,

I also have a 1962 Dodge Phoenix (Aust assembled). As far as I know, they only came with the 318 Poly .. and you are correct about the engine being off center. They left them as built in the USA, but just shoehorned in the right had drive steering geometry. That's why we have remote oil filters as its super hard to get anything into that area. hence why its a problem fitting headers - they have to be custom made for that side on our cars. I haven't had to replace engine mounts on mine .. so it will be interesting to see what fits and works. Was it a problem on one side or both?

Cheers

Tony
1938 Chrysler Fargo
1962 Dodge Phoenix