Greg Sample Poly Header success adapter Ford truck headers...

Polyheads:
See attached pictures of Greg Sample’s successful adaptation of Ford truck 302/351 headers to his Poly 318 engine.

Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 2:27 PM
Subject: Ford to Poly headers from Greg Sample

Greg,
Ok, thank you for your permission. I will try to post on three Mopar sites with your pictures and credit. Because of the variety of Ford header styles you allude to, I think the chances are good that someone can adapt them to our various Mopar engine compartments. I am thinking particularly of the Forward look cars that only have “Custom Header” as an option; albeit very expensive. The 62-66 Mopars have TTI available but a potentially less-expensive Ford header as you have done with your custom exhaust extenders should really pique the Poly owner’s interest. Shoot – for a bare bones budget I would think a 2 x 4 cut and shaped to adapt the Ford headers would suffice for proper mock-up and then an enterprising individual could have it cast or laser cut for specific or general application if the effort warrants.
Thank you for your great work Greg!
Gary P.

Highlites from Greg Sample email regarding his Ford to Poly Header adaptation success:

“The headers are 302-351 small block and are 100% untouched.

My work is based on a mid-60’s D100 ½ ton pickup and would likely work on any pickup.

There are also many header styles available within this engine size based of course on Ford models.

Ironically, the headers I have are for a 1966 Ford pickup! I didn’t know that at the time and had simply planned to adapt and use whatever stainless header style I could find.

...would require further research into the clearance issues in sedans

You are free to forward this information as you wish Gary and if you place the pictures on the Yahoo site before I get a chance, that is also OK.

Thanks again,

- Greg”