Re: Mid Rise Lifts

Lyle,
Yes, I purchased and use a Kwik-Lift.  I truly love it for the following reasons:
1. Limited garage ceiling height compatible
2. No fatigue as I get when working under a 2 or 4 post lift with my arms up and extended for periods of time; I can work sitting on a rolling tool seat if I choose...
3. Rock Solid quality built & powder coated and impossible to collapse or fall on you; vital for me in Southern California with possibility of earthquakes
4. Portable, movable – the nature of my present Plymouth build requires me to move the Plymouth from one side of the garage to the other and the optional casters I purchased with the lift allows me to literally move my Plymouth with one hand and little exertion...rather amazing even w/o a full drive train installed
5.  Unit will lay “flat” when I am done with the Plymouth project and I can park on it or drive over it to access my “third” parking slot in my double deep garage
6.  Excellent service before, during, and after the “sale” from the original owner/designer –inventor
7.  Reasonably priced for the aforementioned reasons
8.  Easy to operate/lift-lower with a common floor jack
9.  Easy to drive on and off...and good for “simple” repairs & maintenance such as engine oil & trans fluid changes...as well as major rebuilds in my case
10.  Just plain works for me and many others...I did an onsite inspection and review with a “happy owner” that lived close to me which settled the purchase decision in my mind...in use for over nine years now

I can send you pictures (pardon the clutter but it makes for good parts storage/access too!) to your private email and/or will try to attach to this mail list posting for you.
Feel free to contact me and I can answer any further questions you may have.  And “no,” I don’t work for the company or have any financial interest whatsoever...I just attempt to relay accurate and helpful information, be it for Poly/Mopar builds or whatever I believe my experience can lend a hand to.

Gary Pavlovich

Basic Kwik-lift Package $1099
Kwik-lift in raw uncoated steel includes:
2 Wheelchocks, 2 Mini Ramps, All Hardware,
5 year warranty

Click here for additional details.

Full Kwik-lift Package $1399
Kwik-lift fully powdercoated includes:
One Centerlift Bridge.
Either Red or Black Powdercoat.
2 Wheelchocks, 2 Mini Ramps, All Hardware,
5 year warranty

Click here for additional details.

KWIK-LIFT

9901 East 47th Street
Tulsa, OK 74146, USA

Phone 918-258-8492
Toll-free 1-800-961-LIFT (5438)

Email us.

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 1:34 PM
Subject: Mid Rise Lifts

Hi All,

I want opinions and experience about lifts. I don't have the elbow room or headroom for a four post drive on lift. I was looking at "Quick Jack" but, their lifting points are only about 60" apart and my car being a '63 B body, according to the FSM, the lifting points are about 70" apart. I'm also not comfortable with trying the lift under the rocker panels.

Any thoughts?

Lyle
'63 Sport Fury