Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 12:12 PM
Subject: Welcome new member - Long time Mopar fan

Welcome new member Richard.

Below is his introduction.

Thanks,
Gary H.

===========

My first car (in 1962, when I turned 16) was a huge 1950 Chrysler New Yorker 4 DR. It was bilious green, straight 8 with that most amazing "Fluid-Drive"transmission. I loved it! Of course being 16 and a young idiot I soon blew out the transmission after a love affair of only 4 months. Since it cost such a huge amount to buy ($75.00 Lol!) I had to work my junior year as a part time grocery caddy at Safeway for the next 10 months. Come July,1963 I had saved almost $340.00 and found a gorgeous '54 Desoto "Firedome" 4 DR. This beauty had 23,000 miles on it and it looked, drove and appeared brand new! It had a Hemi V8 "The Fire Dome")with 170 horse power and the then brand new "Power-Flite" fully automatic transmission. What a beauty! It wasn't yet the "Forward Look". It was very tall and boxy. Not the prettiest on the block, but it was elegant, smooth, powerful and almost new. That car carried me through the rest of high school, the rest 4 years of college. I traded it in the summer of 1967 for my next Chrysler Corp. dream car. The Plymouth GTX of 1967 came with only one engine choice.... a 440-ci V8 blasting out 375 horsepower. Mine was pure white with a white interior It had bucket seat with vinyl leather inserts. It had a sweet console. Even the white vinyl back seats looked like buckets seats, ( they weren't, but looked great!) I went with the Torqueflite and that car just FLEW!!! My driving record sunk to new lows, but did I care? You get the picture of love affair with Mopar. Other cars that I had or my dad or brother had were a 1962 Dodge Dart 330 4DR. 318, PB Torqueflite. That was my Dad's love until a 1968 Dodge Polara, 318 TF tranny. My Bro drove, in sequence, a 56 Dodge Royal Lancer 2 DR., small Hemi 270-cid with about 190 HP. He had a push button tranny, and I think it was still the Powerflite. He gave that car up as soon as he saw the '57's. He traded in and got a Dodge Custom Royal 2dr HT with the big 260 HP V8. WOW was he the Cat's Meow! That car was a sad lemon, as were many 57's. Lots of problems with everything except the actual engine and tranny. He gave up the ghost after 3 years and bought a Ford in 1960. He later bought a '66 Belvedere 11 and kept that little sweet heart till '73, as it was a great car. I could go on....but. I'm disabled now and haven't been able to drive since 1989. I think Chrysler LOST it after 1976 and has produced terrible cars until just this last decade. I'm stuck with the 50's and 60's cars. They were absolutely Brilliant!! Well made, Super fast, beautiful interiors and dash and unbelievable style!!! That's all my friends, Richard