Hemi Mount Question

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can provide some insight into a problem I’m having. I purchased a Hemi (Gen 2) to put into my 65’ Coronet. The motor came with a 64-65 K member and a set of steel 64-65 Mounts.
All I needed to do was get some insulators and I’d be off to the races!! Not so fast. When I received the insulators,I mocked up the K member , insulators and mounts. What I discovered was that the whole
assembly was to wide for the block. I measured the outside dimension of the Hemi mount pads at approx. 11”  The dimension of the inside of the steel mount to the inside of the other steel mount worked out
to approx. 13-14/” – 13 – 3/8”. So somewhere in this set up I have 2” + extra space. I purchased to insulators off of Michael Schumacher and he was kind enough to give me a dimension on his 68’ B body
Hemi K member. We measured from the center line of the top bolt on the drivers side mount and across to the upper portion of the mounting hole on the passenger side of the K member. I can up with 24”
and he also came up with the same measurement on his 68’ K member. Unfortunately, I’m totally in the dark here as I have no reference point to go on and the 440 that is in the car presently used the old
Poly K member. Can anyone out there please advise what critical dimensions I should have for this set up or an idea of why my mock up is so out of whack?
BTW, the insulators measured within the 1.4” to 1.44” that Michael gave me.

I’ve attached some pictures in the hope that may be of help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Fred