Re: Freeing a stuck engine that has sat for years

Lacquer thinner & ATF

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/12/2016 9:45:10 PM
Subject: Re: Freeing a stuck engine that has sat for years

Use a 50 50   mixture of ATFand Paint thinner.  Let soak a few days and then try turning it over.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Hall, Ricky L <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try Kroil “The oil that creeps”.... With the plugs out and tranny in neutral................

https://www.google.com/#q=aerokroil+the+oil+that+creeps

I was able to start two engines in 2012 that sat 20+ years each – but they turned over........  The 318 Poly and a 472 Cadillac.....  I used “Fogging oil” on them auto parts stores sell for just that purpose.  Drove them both for a couple years - rebuilt the Poly in 2015.  The Cad engine (out of a 1970 Coup DeVille) is still being driven at least once a week - that engine doesn’t smoke or have excess blow-by or oil use.  150,000+ original miles on it!

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3611429&KPID=6065531&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Lubrication_Products_-_New&pla=pla_6065531&k_clickid=e6d88e55-b375-4cd4-a4a4-ed754523b064