Re: Pull engine with transmission attached?

Re: Pull engine with transmission attached?

Yes have to pull the torsion bars back, upper ball joints disconnect from knuckle , steering shaft, brake hoses.  Advantage is the ease of putting absolutely complete assembly including exhaust manifolds in with no scratches to engine compartment paint, no prying around etc. so it's a trade off for sure. I first did it with my 68 383S Barracuda, pulling it to freshen the engine and clean and repaint the compartment and didn't want to mess up the fresh paint job on reassembly.