Re: Heater issue....1964 Plymouth...so simple yet so difficult :)

Try reversing the heater hoses under the hood.  If they're reversed you ain't getting no heat no matter wat you do.  It happened to me damn near twenty years ago in my 68 Monaco.  Me and a buddy who's a mechanic replaced the hearter core cuz it sprung a leak.  It was warm enough outside that day that we just want to go driving (my buddy lost his liscense for some reason so I drove pretty much everywhere).  Obviously we were in to much of a hurry cuz a roughly a month later, when the weather was a bit cooler, i needed the heater to clear the windshield of the "fog".  Well no matter how warm the car ran, it would not blow heat.  So we spent the better part of two hours trying to figure out what was wrong.  I noticed the problem obviously at the end.  So we swapped the hoses around and we were good to go.

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Bill M <y1topbanana73@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: January 1, 2017 3:32 PM
To: 62-65 Mopar List
Subject: Re: Heater issue....1964 Plymouth...so simple yet so difficult :)

I'm having issues with the heater in my 65 Coronet...except it won't provide ANY heat at all. Same deal in that i can't back flush it, but it flows water when I flush it in the direction of flow with a hose. As close as I can tell, the heater control valve is opening fully. My guess is that my core is clogged with block crap after my rebuild. I'll be pulling the heater box out soon to flush.

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://goo.gl/6xUS1
goo.gl
1965 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible is June 2008's Mopar of the Month

73 Dart Sport, 05 Ram 2500 CTD, 4WD, QC, LB, Laramie
12 Journey R/T, 14 Avenger R/T, 21 Model T Depot Hack