Re: Interior Wire Harness ^% B Bodys

Dennis my wire harness kit was an XP-777 (SN:287685) It cost me $440. I also got the VR-88 regulator and the VR-99 reg harness for $29. This was around '09. It was a complete kit from front to rear including the dash. It came with a GM headlight switch and the VR was Ford. I did away with the bulkhead connector which was what they expected. It's a tedious process. The only wire I didn't replace was for the dome light as it was fine and I didn't want to screw up the headliner. The gauge base required some bayonet type pins which I found at Radio Shack. I think I still have a few of them left. I probably spent about 3 months doing it and I fought working around the heater. I highly recommend removing the heater as the dash access is tremendously improved and the heater is ready to take out. I pulled the steering column, seats, carpet and glove box. The instrument panel was removed of course. I found mounting the VR with the fuse block on the interior firewall behind the brake pedal was a perfect spot. The fuse block is my favorite part as it has everything on it you may need now or down the road. I ran extra wires to the trunk in case I want to add a trunk light, aux power or?? I did also add the third brake light and I have an electric fuel pump. The wires are marked about every foot with one showing wheel it came from and the other showing where it's going. So you can grab a wife anywhere along its length and know what it is operating. Very nice for any troubleshooting that may occur. Gary P is rewiring his with unmarked wire but he is using labels to do the same thing. I really liked the kit I got and I did have a few questions which were readily answered by tech support. I do recommend them but there are other good ones too which are probably equal. I am just familiar with what I used.

Rich Kinsley. 64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar