Re: Brake parts

I started working on removing my brake MC today.  Kind of a pita for an old, stiff, fat, guy.  Without looking closely I thought it was going to be easy but soon discovered that the nuts to remove it are under the dash not on the firewall.  But I managed to get it out.  I ran into a couple issues, on the diagram below I've hi-lited a couple parts.  The spring is in tough shape so I'm going to have to see about locating a suitable replacement.  I figured out the ring issue.  It's the rubber part that goes on the end of the push rod that holds it in the piston, and was included with the new MC.  One other thing, the original MC had knurled studs that were pressed into the casting of the MC.  But the holes in the replacement are larger so I'll either have to go to bolts or if one of you folks has figured out a clever way to enable me to use the studs, I'm all ears.
One question, I ordered the MC suggested by Gary in this thread:
RAYBESTOS MC36221 orOEM Part Number(s): 2536221  On this unit the front port is larger than the rear.  I seem to remember that on a front disc rear drum car that the larger one would go to the discs.  However this one is supposed to be for an all drum car.  Any insight on the reason for the difference?

TIA  Paul L.