LeRoar getting ready to hit the road again

LeRoar getting ready to hit the road again

From May 31st to June 16th. I will be doing another bucket list item. I will be taking LeRoar by myself on Route 66 from Joplin to Santa Monica. I plan to stick to the real road as much as possible but I won't be able to stop at every tourist marker. I need to be in Sherman Oaks, CA to see my son and family on June 4th. On the way I intend to visit my brother in Belen, NM, stop and see Gary Pavlovich in Santee, CA and also stop in Temecula, CA to visit Michael Harding. I will have to swerve to the south at some point in order to head down to the San Diego area for the Gary P part of the trip. I'll hit that part on the way back home.

I'll be visiting my son until June 14th at which point he will ride back with me to Omaha via I-15 and I-70. That is a beautiful drive. It'll be pretty hot by then but it's just like in the good old days!  No a/c, no radio, no problem. LeRoar loves the heat! The car can idle for hours in 100deg heat. Me not so much:-) I switched my 180deg t-stat to a 195deg to keep LeRoar warm enough....

I'll figure out more details of the trip before I leave. Maybe I'll be passing close enough to some of you so you can throw rocks at me... I know I'll be going through OKC. on the first day.

Anybody have a good 500 Eddy, either a 1403 or a 1404, that they'd swap for a 750 Eddy 1407 manual choke that is in good condition. More info available if needed. I might like to see if the 500 will work for cruising to get a bit better mileage. I'm running a 600cfm now.

Let's all have fun this Summer!!!!!

Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr LeRoar 318 poly w/goodies