Re: DOT street and strip tires

Agreed Mike.. I really don't want to find that weak link !    Besides, I like a little tire spin. I used to beat a lot of guys with more HP.  I  would not try to launch  hard ..leave the line at part throttle, nail it when it was getting good traction ---leave 'em back there frantically smoking the tires.  Remember when  the "accepted" way to  launch,  was  to gas it several times  vroom, vroom, vroom,  and leave  at near top RPM ?  Hooking up was not yet an understood term.  I knew I had my opponet beat  if they did that ! .. OHHHH the good old days ! ..............................MO