Re: Plastic Welding

For plastic I've used Plastruct plastic weld is clear and bonds well. The hobby site I believe is MIcro-Mark Link  http://www.micromark.com/hobby-supplies/adhesives

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:55:28 AM UTC-6, dodg...@xxxxxxx wrote:
Mopar Fans,

I am slowly getting back to take the final steps in removing the dash to the 65 Coronet. Still have to address a few issues when I begin reassembling the instrument panel.

The instrument section of panel, Plastic, was attached by the factory by forming a mushroom head. Some of mine popped off when I was heating them to reform in a post shape for removal.

My problem is identifying the type of plastic as you can not use a different  plastic to weld with?

I also was going to consider using a glue that is activated with a light. However, the one as advertised on tv was used by a friend and he stated they do not do a good job at all.

Looking for advise so when reassembly as I want to avoid last minute solutions.

Thank You

Jim

1965 Coronet 500, 440CI