Re: old big block heads

Are you looking for heads with the aluminum rocker stands?

----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Rhoades <Jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: old big block heads

Hey guys we are looking for old iron heads.   Casting 509 or  324.   The 324’s if you look on the block side will have a casting number also that will have a “-1” after the 324 ,  the 509 are listed as hipo for 1959  the 324’s we found three versions of depending on the “-1,2,3”  after the casting number.  We found 1 good set of 324-1 heads and they came off a ’62 413 imperial.  The poor block was one giant rust ball inside.  I had drivin it probably 10 miles seemed to run ok  but after pulling valve covers we nearly cried!!  Never have we seen an engine that ran that had that much rust and scale inside.  Ill try and get pictures for you to laugh at.  We want the heads for 413 projects.  They fit bore of the cylinder better than any other head.  Well except the max wedge head duhh.

Thanks

jason