From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of MO
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:13 PM
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: skafouse@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Power valve.

Thanks for your input wedge. I have wondered about Positive crankcase ventilation effects on tuning a carb, but no one talks about it.

 I been working on the  Holley today.  Some think there is nothing to adjust or tune on a Holley, but they would be wrong!  There are a lot of things that effect each other and you have to tailor the tuning to the car. And there are a lot of things that can be done.

   So, today, after getting my vacume gauge , and adjusting idle mixture at 650 RPM. I have 12.5 to 13 inches of vacume.  I put in a 6.5 power valve.  I have read several adjustment procedures for setting the accelerator pump and they can be a little conflicting.  I set mine so that the pump lever and the pump arm have no clearance at throttle closed position ( idle) there should be about .015 clearance at wide open throttle so that the pump diaphram  will not tear or bend any pump linkage. I still need to check my float level.

 I didn't get to test drive as there were storm warnings . Wifey and the dogs went to the under house storm shelter , and I was close by !  Several tornados in the area with a country home about 4 miles away got hit.  We had damage from golf-ball to baseball size hail . Broke some chunks out of our new homes  vinyl siding and I am afraid to go look at the roof !

   BTW does anyone know how to test to see if a power valve is working ? .............................MO