Re: 440 Temp. Question!

2 from the 1962-1965 site's tech page:

1) Troubleshoot your overheating Mopar!
Only two causes of overheating: 1) air flow  2) water flow.
a) Take your Mopar out to a road where you can run a constant speed for about a mile or so, and be able to pull over.
b) Get the engine up to temperature and drive at about 45MPH, depending on your rear end gear ratio. You want to
pick a speed that you can shift down a gear and maintain that speed.
c) If your Mopar heats up while driving at a constant speed in high gear, shift down one gear, keep the same speed,
and see if the temperature goes up or down.
d) If the engine temperature goes up, then you have a water flow problem.
e) if the engine temperature goes down, then you have an air flow problem.
We learned this method back in the 1960's. — Earl H.  Thanks to Earl H. for the info!

2) Read Number 4 on this FlowKooler webpage: 16 reasons why your engine is overheating.
https://www.flowkoolerwaterpumps.com/cooling_faq.html

Thanks,
Gary H.