Re: 1962 Dodge Script - Metal Type? / restoration? / attaching?

Install a very small diameter machine screw. You can buy a set of the size thread  tap you want , and the proper size drill bit  for it. Get two nuts that fit your machine screw, and jam lock them together. Cut the slotted screw head off and then you have a stud. Thread the stud into your newly drilled and tapped hole. grind the burr off where you cut the head off, back off the nuts to straighten the threads.....new stud with right sized nut..................MO

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 6:24 PM, <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx> wrote:
David,

Most of the bezels and emblems were pot metal and are subject to pitting but can be restored and re-chromed.
Broken fastening pins is common but can also be repaired.  I have several hood letters with broken pins and my fix will be to gently drill out the broken stud/pin and insert a "new" pin and fasten it with JB Weld.
There are no new pins but salvage metal or other pin-type materials can be substituted for the original pin.  Since my hood letters have small delicate pin type fasteners, I will be using rivet pins which will be much stronger & straighter than the originals.
Your fastening pins may be a bit thicker/larger diameter and you may investigate using some metal bar stock from Lowes/Home Depot or your local hardware store in the proper diameter, then cut to fit.

Let us know how it goes.
Gary Pavlovich

-----Original Message----- From: 62-65-mail-list-club@ornocar.org
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 4:14 PM
To: 1962-1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse
Subject: 1962 Dodge Script - Metal Type? / restoration? / attaching?

Hi all,

I'm posting this message that was misdirected.

Thanks,
Gary H.
62-65 Admin.

====

 What type of metal was used for Dodge Emblems in the 60’s?

 I have two 500 scripts. One has one pin missing, the other has both
 pins missing.

 Is there a way to restore the pins?

 Or, fasten them using an adhesive?

 Any recommendations for having them re-Chromed?

 Thanks

 David C Hurd

Please address private email -- email of interest to only one person --  directly to that person. That is, email your parts/car transactions and negotiations, as well as other personal messages, only to the intended recipient. Do not just press "reply" and send your email to everyone using the general '62-'65 Clubhouse public email address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine-tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!