Re: Tail pipes

Ricky,
The fan is attached to the Derale transmission cooler-thermostat controlled.
Mike

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Hall (US), Ricky L <ricky.l.hall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is one SWEET looking system with the X-pipe.  What is the fan for?

Another FlowMaster fan here.  Even my little local muffler shop a couple blocks away, has the books to make the factory bends.  Right after getting the ‘62 back running in 2012 after sitting 22 years - Had them but a dual system on with the original 40 series FlowMasters.  Sounded fine with the 2bbl.

In 2014 went back with the modified manifold deleting the heat riser, and had them redo the down pipe on that side.

Then in 2015 after a full engine rebuild and adding the new Poly “wind-tunnel” manifold and 4bbl - was getting some gurgling/popping going downhill.  Bet it would not have done that with an X-pipe.  Not to mention much louder sound with the 4bbl.  Went back again and had FlowMaster 40 series Delta Flow swapped in (a tad quieter muffler).  That cured that..........  That reminds me - just put on new tailgate seals and it finally quit raining for a few days - have to go see how she sounds (and smells) now - should help with exhaust smells getting inside.

Have the “quietest” FlowMaster big block 50 on my 6.2L Silverado - love it...............  Not too loud - but you can hear it when you are on it - helps you know when it is shifting.  The new trucks have 3 cats!  That’s enough restriction - LOL..........