Re: engine paint question

Same problem here.  I picked up a couple of cans when I was at Mancini's few months back and it's way too blue.  I found an old can of Mopar Performance paint in the back and it was more green.  Comparing to things I had painted and original parts there is quite a difference.   The ex and kids always told me I was colorblind but I worked in a printing plant years ago and thought I had a pretty good eye for this stuff.

Colors can be defined using a few methods, L.a.b. or xyz using a spectrophotometer, or pantones in the print media industry.  Are there any specs or formulas for the correct color?  I'm not a guy who has to have code-dated air in the tires, but I hate raising the hood and having the color so far off.

I went to the auto parts store across the street, and he only has microfiche data for paint companies that have long since gone out of business, with no cross reference.  Duplicolor shows a ceramic infused engine paint in the turquoise (They call it Chrysler Green, DE 1619), we've ordered a can and will see what it looks like.  It would be really, really nice if it was available in rattle cans.

Does anyone have any concrete measurements of the color or a formula for a company that's still in existence?  This brings to mind years back when there was a lot of confusion over Hemi Orange and the performance V8 colors, and the color of Max Wedges...  Any help?

SC