Re: Advice needed for hard starting Dual AFBs and 745 lockdown

Re: Advice needed for hard starting Dual AFBs and 745 lockdown

I don't know about fuel draining back, but as pointed out already, the ethanol "gasoline" does evaporate more rapidly
than previous fuel. If you pull the air cleaner and look inside the carb after the car sat for a month I suspect you will
see no fuel squirt when you pull the accelerator. Start the car at least once a week and see how that affects starting.

If the transmission kicks down when you floor the pedal that seems the kick down adjustment is mostly okay.
See "How The Kick Down Lever Works" at the end of this article, that also is like an ad in places.
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/the-lowdown-on-stock-torqueflite-kick-down-linkage/
There also is some information about kick down adjustment in the Factory Service Manual.

Thanks,
Gary H.

not get fuel the carbs, if I hit it with a dash of starting fluid it pops right over. After that the car will start the next
morning and every other time until it sets.
>  Is this normal or do I have some other problem that needs attention, I was told that the fuel drains back to the fuel
tank it takes a while for fuel reach the curbs??