Re: hard starting 440

Pardon the typo below:

I use the Automotive Aeromotive gauge that has a pressure relief button

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 10:08:47 AM UTC-4, JimJablonski wrote:
Some random notes of my experiences over the years with electric fuel pumps:

- I put an Aeromotive electric pump in my Fury.  It's been a very good unit but at the same time it is one of the loudest pumps I've ever heard
- I've found Aeromotive's website helpful when it comes to fuel system planning
- I have a Mallory Comp pump (# 29259) in my bracket car.  It also works fine and is an order of magnitude quieter then the Aeromotive (I've actually thought about swapping them as I'm now using the Fury for the most part as a street cruiser, and the Aeromotive pump's drone drives the wife nuts)
- I believe the Mallory Comp pump was originally a Comp product, then bought by Mallory, then bought by Holley (?).  Anyway, it still looks the same as it did back when it was Comp and it is not the same line as the Holley red / blue / black ones
- Some installation lessons-learned:
* Gravity is your friend when installing the pump.  Don't assume the original fuel pickup location is a good idea, as it tends to be forward and high on our cars
* I've had better luck with return regulators over dead heads and learned that - although it may seem obvious - the return line has to be sized larger then the feed line.  If not, it will create a restriction and impact pressure consistency.  (I tried pushing the easy button once by using the original steel 3/8 feed line as a return line at it was a nightmare.)
* Mechanical fuel pressure gauges are very much impacted by temperature.  The gauge reading changes dramatically as the oil inside heats up and expands.  I got tired of wondering what my pressure was, so - although more expensive - I use the Automotive gauge that has a pressure relief button

Thank you,

Jim