Re: New to me 1964 Dart

Congratulations on your new 1964 Dart; that is a nice early Christmas present! Great car.

Gary H.

one about 12 years ago, but it was beyond my abilities at the time.

>  I have been bugging my wife for several years and we were finally able to buy an old driver. I looked at Craigslist
and Facebook marketplace for a few weeks and tried to narrow down the list of cars to just a few.

>  I went to look at a 1968 Dart, but it really needed a full restoration and wasn’t a driver as the ad stated. Eventually,
I found a 1964 Dart on Craigslist just a few miles from my house in Fort Worth, TX. The car has a 225 slant six with a
push button 904 and 7.25” rear axle.

>  The prior owner said it came from California when he bought it in 2015. He did a few things to it like new
suspension bushings and brakes. It appears to have been repainted a few years ago and has a pretty nice interior from
that partial restoration.

>  I brought it home on Sunday and immediately tore the dash apart to fix the push button shifter. The Neutral spring
broke so it was difficult to get it into Reverse and Neutral. Luckily I’m also working on a 1927 Model T hot rod with a
361 and push button 727 as well and was able to steal the shifter from that for now.

>  The 1bbl Carter BBS has a pretty bad bog just above idle, so I have a rebuild kit coming for that as well. The body
has a few rust holes in the trunk, but it’s a really solid car for its age.