Re: Welcome new member -- 1965 Plymouth Fury III convertible

Re: Welcome new member -- 1965 Plymouth Fury III convertible

Hi Jocke,

Welcome to the list!

You can definitely pull good power out of your Poly, and its pretty easy.

Parts are definitely available.  A great intake is available from Chrysler Power Magazine. Heads, are unique to Poly. Cams are unique to Poly and are available from either Gary Pavlovich, Racer Brown cams. Distributor, timing cover, water pump, oil pan, connecting rods, and crank are the same as LA (273, 318, 340) engines and are easily sourcable.

I bored my poly .040" over, added an LA 4" stroker crank, 9.5:1 pistons, a .470 lift cam and the Chrysler Power Wind Tunnel intake and got 405 hp @ 4,600 rpm, 472 ft lbs of torque @ 4,100 rpm. Not bad for a mild cam stroker motor!

Bill M