RE: Radiator/ Electric Fan / Controller Help

A spot-on subject article:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/robert-foleys-426-max-wedge-powered-1963-polara-overheats-gonna-fix/

From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of chuckiiikropke
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2019 8:56 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Radiator/ Electric Fan / Controller Help

I used a champ and it sucks for hot weather driving dont waste your money. I have a flowcooler waterpump Griffin replacment rad with a flex fan and stock shroud, and 2 10" pema cools in front.

Its ok but I got stuck at a light for 4 times last summer because people just sit in there car and text and forget about driving. She got up to 225 and once I started moving it came down to 190ish. My next build I want to try the desert cooler with the 3 bypasses in it and see how that works. I read you need at least 5000 cfm for a bb mopar. My fans are 42 or 4500cfm and they slow the temp climbing they dont stop it. The radiator and hole is small so its hard to get 2 high cfm fans in there. Maybe bigger radiator 26 vs 22 not sure though.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone