Re: pulley blues

David,
I think Damper Dudes in CA could fix your "harmonic pulley" if you wanted to repair it. I had them rebuild my 65 A/C drive pulley to my satisfaction.
Mike

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 2:58 PM 'DAVID HURD' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On my 413, the fan pulley on harmonic balancer has a harmonic balancer set up of its own.

That pulley went bad and when it wobbled that caused power stirring and alternator belts to roll and break.

I thought at first it was the harmonic balancer that was the problem and it was the fan pulleys.

I swapped that with an aluminum racing set up that was way lighter.

The wobble problem was subtle.  About 6 months ago at a Concours de Elegance Show, the judges pointed out that one of the fan bolts had come loose and at acceleration the bolt would suck back in and at deceleration push out,  fortunately it floated a hairs breadth sort of the fan and didn’t hog out the radiator.

The loose bolt was a sign the damper pulley was failing.

David C Hurd
via iPhone