From: glpavlovich <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Apr 24, 2020 5:12 pm
Subject: RE: 1962 727 Transmission fluid?

Good information Gary.
With a huge improvement in "fluid technology" these days, I suggest using synthetic transmission fluid in all of our Mopars.  Here is an interview quote from JW Transmissions;
"Over the past couple years we have had a large number of general transmission questions so we thought it would be a good idea to sit down with one of the best racing transmission manufacturers in the country for an interview.

Recently, we did just that with John Winters from JW Performance Transmissions in Rockledge, Florida. We have known the management of this company for almost 30 years and have raced with their products for almost as long. The company has a tremendous reputation for building high quality, all US produced products with all US sourced components which we can attest to first hand.

Seeing that there are a million questions that could be asked, we decided it would be best to stay with those basics that would touch the greatest number of our customers.

Race-Mart:  What are your thoughts regarding synthetic transmission fluid vs. conventional ATF?

JW:  In our opinion, synthetic transmission fluid is by far the best for both street use and for all out racing. The synthetic fluids that are produced today offer so much more protection to the clutches and band surfaces because they have the ability to withstand so much more heat without breaking down. You can figure that by having synthetic fluid in your transmission, it will generally double the life expectancy of your transmission.

Race-Mart:  With that being said, what is the normal operating temperature for a transmission?