From: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of 62-65-mail-list-club@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:09 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How many hours to install sway bar?

The main point is "The car handles way better than it did in 1965." So congratulations on a successful upgrade!

The "time" issue is an apples to oranges comparison. You note "we obsessed over measuring and double-triple- quadruple checking to make sure we got the holes in the right place." A mechanic that does stuff like this all day would not spend that much time. (Not that a mistake could not be made by that mechanic!) As the carpenters say: "measure twice, cut once."

Plus some mechanics are not that fussy and underestimate the time required working on older vehicles (rust, old undercoating etc.) The critic is  "An independent mechanic (who has never worked on a sixties Mopar...) -- so that is a clue that he is not making a factual time estimate.

And, as noted, the number of breaks  you take (beer or otherwise!) is up to you, not the shop boss!

So whatever number of hours it took you to complete the installation was the proper number.

My 2 cents, :)

Thanks,
Gary H.