From: "'Paul L. http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-le' via The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 6/14/21 10:55 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Winterizing

Seems like the wrong time of year for this topic but I was talking to someone the other day about how he rodent proofs his cars for the winter.  He told me he parks the car on a large sheet of 6 mil plastic.  And then just gathers it up over the roof and ties it off like a fruit basket.  Says he never has a problem and mice etc. never chew through it.  He's a very intelligent guy with several cars he stores in a building that is not rodent proof.  Can't help but be skeptical though. And wondering if anyone else has experience using this method.
Last winter for my wife's 1970 VW I put jackstands in plastic buckets and put the car up on those.  On the theory they would not be able to climb the bucket.  Not sure it was 100% successful as I found just a few acorn shells this spring.  But it could have been an enterprising varmint getting a jump on winter quarters who was already in residence.

Paul L