Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Re: Rear shocks on a 58 Plymouth Interchangability ?

From: animal crackers
Date: May 07, 2001


Kanter has nitrogen gas shocks for our cars. 4 for $145 sounds very reasonable. They also sell "pleasuride shocks" @ 4 for $109.

I can think of three variables. the size of the mounting hole, the length extended and unextended, and load capacity. If that can be matched to a currently produced shock, you're in business.

FWIW, I put Koni shocks on a vehicle. They are 3 way adjustable but you have to take them off to adjust them. Anyhow, they ride hard and seemed to raise the vehicle up some, maybe an inch.

-Wilamina Wolf


Last changed: July 19, 2018