Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Re: 331 hemi into 56 desoto. Tranny same?

From: Hank Dozier
Remote Name:
Date: December 05, 2002
Time: 15:21:32


Erik...Can use the Powerflite if the DeSoto adaptor plate is used from the DeSoto engine/trans combo. You can use the DeSoto motor mounts onto the 331, but you need to open up the holes in the frame pads (slot) for the width difference. Obviously the exhaust goes with the Chrysler engine for the Y-pipe. Use the 56 DeSoto starter for the ring gear/voltage match. Good luck!


Last changed: July 19, 2018