Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Putting '62-64 P/B valve body in '65 (car) '66-'67 (truck) cable shift 727 is also possible

From: Daven Anderson
Email: 1961fury<at>
Remote Name:
Date: July 10, 2003


Good post, yes indeed you can use the cable shift 727's (car or truck) by swapping in the pushbutton valve body, and the truck 727's with the parking brake drums ('62 to '64) are perfect for Forward Look car swaps. A few modern (post '67 727's) have been made to shift with pushbuttons, but this involves installing the weakest valvespring possible to allow the cable to shift through the RND321 arc, and the setup can take many hours of trial and error. This kind of swap, even if properly done, can suddenly fail to shift if anything gets out of place, whereas using a P/B 727 or (cable-shift 727 with P/B valve body) is 'bulletproof..


Last changed: July 19, 2018