Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Did you say sleeved?

From: Daven Anderson
Email: 1961fury<at>
Remote Name:
Date: September 08, 2003


If that cylinder wall in your block is so badly damaged it needs to be sleeved (ie: it threw a rod and hit the wall), you should try to find another 318 poly block that isn't so damaged. Sleeving isn't cheap! Polys are GREAT for overboring, their walls are so thick you could bore a good poly block at least .100" oversize. I know of one that's .120" overbore and has run for 10 years since the rebuild. You can get a '62-'66 318 poly block and use your '58 crank in it so you can use the pre-'62 transmissions. I'd recommend leaving the overbore as small as possible to maximize your engine life, but a .060" over poly should be good for another overbore or two!


Last changed: July 19, 2018