Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Re: 301 poly need help pulling

From: George
Remote Name:
Date: September 12, 2003


Sadly, the crank is bolted to the flywheel which is welded to the torque converter. The only way to get it out is to get a wrench that is long enough to reach the bolts and extend out of the transmission. You then have to wedge a socket on the front of the crank to hold it place. Proceed to remove the nuts holding the crank to the flywheel either with a cheater bar or by beating on the wrench because they are held in place by some very stubborn loctite. Good luck!


Last changed: July 19, 2018