Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Adaptor source

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc <at>
Remote Name:
Date: September 22, 2003


I assume you mean a carb adaptor plate. If the iron manifold has the "long" style WCFB carb base plate (I think all 57s and up did), than that is the same as an AFB base. Even if the pad is only drilled for the small "square" pattern, you can still drill/tap it for the AFB and just plug the inside holes with set screws/Teflon paste. Where you will find an issue is the bores are smaller on the WCFB manifolds, so you will need to mill them to a larger diameter (especially secondaries). You can also get an AFB spacer plate from places like Mr. Gasket or Trans-dapt, and I would assume any decent speed shop could order these. This would allow an AFB to fit directly on the iron manifold, although you still would have a sharp edge mismatch at the manifold surface that could cause some distribution issues. Hope this reads clear enough.


Last changed: July 19, 2018