58 Desoto 2dr hardtop
582drht
Posted 2019-04-30 6:41 AM (#581557)
Subject: 58 Desoto 2dr hardtop

Veteran

Finally the girl is off her chassis and is off to the dippers to get her back to bare metal. The doors, hood, trunk and inner guards came back with minimal rust but the floor, rear roof to body, rear window surround, windshield surround and rear quarters all need a heap of work, east to see before she goes for her swim. I had decided when I bought her that there would be no shortcuts and I have stuck to that theme, out $25K and still going. All the bumpers, internal chrome has cost $8K plus I have bought all the hard things to get even when I could not afford them but a promise is a promise. Now the main body is off to minus paint and when done will be coated in a clear protectant so we can asses the job ahead. I will send the chassis down when the body comes back and the resto starts in earnest, any floor panel that is rusted will be replaced those we cant get we will fabricate and all the welds will be ground down like new or better. 1 year in and I am very happy to see the progress. Will put up photos as we go.

Aussie Bob
Top of the page Bottom of the page
58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2019-04-30 9:47 AM (#581562 - in reply to #581557)
Subject: RE: 58 Desoto 2dr hardtop

Expert

Good luck to you in your effort to bring this car back to life. Do you have any pictures to show us what you started with?

Edited by 58 DESOTOS RULE 2019-04-30 9:48 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page