A Case against buying from anybody who uses Fedex-Smart Post
56D500boy
Posted 2019-09-26 5:51 PM (#587989)
Subject: A Case against buying from anybody who uses Fedex-Smart Post

Expert 5K+

"FedEx SmartPost, which is similar to UPS SurePost, is a hybrid shipping service with which FedEx will pick up packages from the shipping destination, and then hand the packages off to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) for the final delivery to the end customer."

I contend that eBay sellers who are using Fedex-Smart Post are doing their customers a disservice. Most things can be shipped faster and/or cheaper with the US Postal Service flat rate box or straight up Fedex. I had a starter (something like 30 lbs) shipped from Florida to Point Roberts WA in a USPS medium flat rate box for about $15 that was shipped on a Thursday and was in Point Roberts 2 days later on the Saturday. I also had a drive shaft (complete 59" in a shipping tube) from Montana to Point Roberts WA for $35 that took 4 days.

In contrast, I've just had a Jubilee horn shipped from Rhode Island to Point Roberts. It cost a whopping $10 *BUT* it took almost two weeks and many of those days (like 4 to 6) were wasted by Fedex and/or the US Postal Service playing "hot potato" games, Ping-Ponging my shipment between Kent WA and Tacoma WA and the Post Office and Fedex. It's a joke. Amateurs or incompetence, I can't tell. All I know is I will take USPS flat rate or Fedex straight, no chaser, before this stupid thing called Fedex-Smartpost.

You've been warned.

The tracking on this parcel if you think I am making it up:

Edited by 56D500boy 2019-09-26 6:45 PM

(FedexTrackingHistoryForHornFromMustangMike.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FedexTrackingHistoryForHornFromMustangMike.jpg (161KB - 220 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page