62 Dodge Custom 880 master cylinder conversation
jaded13640
Posted 2019-11-24 4:39 PM (#590681)
Subject: 62 Dodge Custom 880 master cylinder conversation

Veteran

I'm trying to come up with the info and parts selection information to convert the original single pot master cylinder to a dual pot. I bought a 67 dual pot master cylinder to use as a swap for the single pot on my 57 Surburban. I decided to let my buddy use it instead but the factory single pot has the pushrod that stays with the MC. The one I bought doesn't. I could probably make one but I'm hoping to get some info form people who've done this swap and can guide me on what part to buy and the best way to go about doing the swap. I've done this on race cars where I made a modern one work and all that but it kind of required getting one that would fit in the location I had available and had to make the pushrod and pivots and such to allow it to be mounted under the seat so I could check and fill the cylinder with fluid without a bunch of hassle. In this case the master cylinder has to bolt to the same place the original went, hopefully have the integral pushrod and hopefully not need a proportioning valve. If I need to add a PV I have an adjustable one used for racing that I could probably hide pretty well if I needed to.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Wayne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2019-11-25 12:16 PM (#590724 - in reply to #590681)
Subject: RE: 62 Dodge Custom 880 master cylinder conversation

Expert

If you're not doing a disc brake conversion you won't need a PV. I've always used the factory MC pushrod without the retaining sleeve, since the '57 pedal has a positive up stop there's no need for the pushrod retaining sleeve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page