The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Back to the Fifties in New Castle PA
Moderators: Administrator

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Pittsburgh RegionMessage format

57desoto
Posted 2006-02-13 7:15 PM (#50306)
Subject: Back to the Fifties in New Castle PA

Expert

Many of you asked me last year to let you know when THIS year's "Back to the Fifties" 4-day party is scheduled in New Castle PA. I just received a postcard in today's mail. The event runs from Thursday June 29th thru Sunday July 2nd. This is NOT as big an event as some similar ones, and typically has somewhere around 700 cars. It's like a 4-day party, however. Each evening is a fantastic show in downtown New Castle, with the streets closed off and countless thousands of people looking at cars under the streetlights, dancing to bands, and just having fun. During the days, you can come and go as you wish in beautiful Cascade Park, where the main show is held on Sunday.

From previous years, I can tell you that Thursday attendance is light, with just the locals and die-hards there. Friday is bigger, Saturday is massive, and Sunday is slightly smaller than Saturday, with some folks already heading home. The event is usually covered by Hot Rod and ESPN2. Most cars are street rods and muscle cars, and a few are (like me) strictly stock. Only vehicles 25 years old or more, plus Corvettes, Trucks, and Special Interest types may attend. If anyone is thinking of attending, and needs local information, I can provide it.

The nice thing this year is that registration prior to March 31 is $20 for all 4 days, for you, the car, and one passenger. You can spend as much or as little time in the Park as you'd like. There are cruises in the evenings, and usually the River City Brass Band performs at Westminster College with a massive fireworks display, 15 minutes away. New Castle is 1 hour north of Pittsburgh, nearly on the Ohio line. You can get more information by emailing backtothe50s@aol.com, or go to www.backtothe50sweekend.com, or contact me.

I'll definitely have my '57 Adventurer there, and may have my '57 Fireflite or Firedome, too, if I can get my wife or son to drive them.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)