The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glass fuel filter...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

Trogdor
Posted 2004-08-09 2:29 AM (#10159)
Subject: Glass fuel filter...

Veteran

Hey gang,
I did a really stupid thing. I have a '58 Savoy 318 2bbl, and it has the Carter glass bowl fuel filter with the ceramic element. The last time I replaced the bowl, I must have tightened the screw on the bottom a little too much (I know, I know...dumba**). At any rate, the bowl shattered sometime later, and now I'm on the hook for a new one. Thing is, I have a line on a Carter glass fuel filter, but it's slightly different than mine. It just has a metal retainer that snaps over the bowl, while mine has the one with the screw that holds it in place. Does anyone know if the glass bowl is the same size/shape? I'm not sure what application the possible replacement came from, other than it may have been a Dodge truck.

Also in the meantime I've put in a steel universal filter in its place. Should this cause me any problems?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
60 dart
Posted 2004-08-09 8:40 AM (#10161 - in reply to #10159)
Subject: RE: Glass fuel filter...

Expert 5K+

JON------don't feel too bad-you are not the only one that has broken a filter bowl------going with a newer style filter gives you a cleaner fuel going into carb------the old bowl types were good in their day but todays are better---------------later
62chrysler
Posted 2004-08-09 4:38 PM (#10191 - in reply to #10159)
Subject: RE: Glass fuel filter...

Account Suspended (Steve Hobby Alias)

I got a pile. literally, of carter filters with 8th inch thread. You may be able to use the parts though. Metal bowls. Lemme' know if you want one. MMMM 15.00?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)