The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Johnny Rosen On "Bargain Shopping"
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Vendor DiscussionMessage format

57plymouth
Posted 2009-09-06 12:15 PM (#187828 - in reply to #187805)
Subject: Re: Johnny Rosen On "Bargain Shopping"

Expert

MOPAR-TO-YA - 2009-09-06 1:31 AM

EVIL_FURY - 2009-09-04 11:22 PM

Hmm, I thought this was a vender to customer topic. It has nothing to do with owning a Christine so quit digging up that old excuse. (Learn some new tricks)
OK lets clarify it. You are the one that stirs up sh*t every so often. I thought this juvenile squabble between the Christine owners was laid to rest--but noooo, you have to get in your digs. and then hide behind some lame excuse like the above post of yours. None of my business but many members are tired of it, but won't say anything for not wanting to offend. That don't bother me- so now is the time and place to say- knock it off! There are other people on this site than your Christine club members. Don't you have your own site where you can stir crap to your content?......................MO

I think I love you Steve. Will you marry me?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
wizard
Posted 2009-09-06 1:48 PM (#187840 - in reply to #187828)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Brian - I knew that the blog-thing would harm you, but I didn't think it would be so grave. Not to worry - wash your mouth with soap and say 500 prayers - I know that it will cure you
Doctor DeSoto
Posted 2009-09-06 3:17 PM (#187855 - in reply to #187840)

Never dealt with Johnny Rosen. Maybe it is my training in that dreaded word ... "profiling", but just read this guy's ads and you can see him coming from a mile away. Not to condone his behavior, but you are undeniably dealing with a person of "raised character" here. No flatline dolt without a personality pulse. Some cars you approach with weapons drawn. Others not so much. This guy let's you know straight up he can spontaneously combust !

I think we have a few more like him on this board !

Ah well, .... sorry you got nipped at like that. The brightest stars tend to be the biggest douchebags on the flip side.

And just for the record, ... I would not put ANY stock in Rosen telling you what Murray Park thinks. He might have very well said that just to add intimidation factor to his diatribe. Ask Murray directly if you want to know.

As for any explanation, .... keep in mind that "getting shopped" is one of the worst ass-chappers in a business where a lot of time is expended in working up bids, or searching for parts, etc. When I was contracting, I figured I got 1 out of 20 jobs I did workups on. Some could involve HUNDREDS of hours chasing bids and materials .... and then you never hear from them again.

I might suggest in this tight-knit community of ours that a call back saying "quit looking, I found some" might have been a good idea when dealing with a known hothead ??? Face it, if you did NOTHING at all to create this situation, you have zero power to resolve any of it ... the guy is just a problem to be avoided. If a person could have done anything to ease the situation, well maybe they can own some of it to ratchet things back? Then again, maybe not ?

What the fark do I know, anyway ???
ronbo97
Posted 2009-09-06 4:42 PM (#187866 - in reply to #187450)

Expert

Congratulations, Nathan. You have now experienced one of the genuine nut-jobs in our hobby. My experience dates back twenty years, but based on that encounter, I would never deal with him again. He lives in an alternative universe.

A couple of thoughts:

I wouldn't give any credence to his claims that Murray Park has you on any list. He's just talking out of his butt to make himself sound important. Also, DON'T have any more dealings with him. Don't call him, send him emails, etc. If he emails you, don't respond and instead, post them here. They're entertaining. Even if you want to give him a piece of your mind, DON'T. You're only playing into his game.

Everyone price shops, whether it's for a TV or a car part. Nuthin' wrong with that. He already indicated that he didn't have the part, so you looked elsewhere. You are under no obligation to buy from him even if he DID have the part.
MOPAR-TO-YA
Posted 2009-09-07 12:26 AM (#187915 - in reply to #187828)

Expert 5K+

57plymouth - 2009-09-06 11:15 AM

Hmm, I thought this was a vender to customer topic. It has nothing to do with owning a Christine so quit digging up that old excuse. (Learn some new tricks)
OK lets clarify it. You are the one that stirs up sh*t every so often. I thought this juvenile squabble between the Christine owners was laid to rest--but noooo, you have to get in your digs. and then hide behind some lame excuse like the above post of yours. None of my business but many members are tired of it, but won't say anything for not wanting to offend. That don't bother me- so now is the time and place to say- knock it off! There are other people on this site than your Christine club members. Don't you have your own site where you can stir crap to your content?......................MO

:wince:
Uh-er-uh---- Brian I had no idea. You have such a lovely wife and daughter and I have been with my dear wife for 44 years. And I have only met you one time-- and then there is that moonshine problem --and you DO have a red and white Plymouth---No, it could never work--try to get over me ............ .......................MO
58Donnie
Posted 2009-09-07 7:57 AM (#187928 - in reply to #187450)

Account Suspended

Steve, If I sell or paint my plymouth a different color would you marry me?......I do have a Harley.
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2009-09-07 7:58 AM (#187929 - in reply to #187805)

I have to admit, I agree with Mo... Meanwhile, keep in mind, those are his words, not mine.
I believe he does speak for alot of us, though.

I find it a bit tragic that your venom is so obvious - even to those not affiliated with "Christine" ownership. That, my friend truly makes a statement - and it's not a flattering one.

As I mentioned earlier, THIS particular thread was started because I had a problem with Johnny Rosen.
Nobody disputes that this SECTION of the board is for Vendor Discussion... But let's at least try to stay on-topic within the threads.

Again, UNLESS you've had a problem with Johnny Rosen or Murray Park, PLEASE save your woe-is-me, sour-grapes, whining-and-crying routine for YOUR OWN FRIGGIN' THREAD or perhaps your own forum, for that matter.

My apologies if this torques anybody off... but like many others, I have grown tired of seeing just about every other thread on this forum turn into some kind of schoolyard pissin' match amongst members. We are all adults here, aren't we?

-NM

Edited by Nathan D. Manning 2009-09-07 11:29 AM
Evil_Fury
Posted 2009-09-07 10:03 AM (#187938 - in reply to #187929)

Veteran

Ha! My venom? Well that's your opinion Manning. Your venom looked pretty ruff in the the first post but that's ok.. It's a done deal.
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2009-09-07 3:40 PM (#187969 - in reply to #187938)

EVIL_FURY - 2009-09-07 10:03 AM
It's a done deal.

Awesome!

-NM
deloverly
Posted 2009-09-07 7:46 PM (#188006 - in reply to #187929)

Elite Veteran

Nathan D. Manning - 2009-09-07 4:58 AM
MOPAR-TO-YA - 2009-09-06 1:31 AM OK lets clarify it. You are the one that stirs up sh*t every so often. I thought this juvenile squabble between the Christine owners was laid to rest--but noooo, you have to get in your digs. and then hide behind some lame excuse like the above post of yours. None of my business but many members are tired of it, but won't say anything for not wanting to offend. That don't bother me- so now is the time and place to say- knock it off! There are other people on this site than your Christine club members. Don't you have your own site where you can stir crap to your content?......................MO
I have to admit, I agree with Mo... Meanwhile, keep in mind, those are his words, not mine. I believe he does speak for alot of us, though. I find it a bit tragic that your venom is so obvious - even to those not affiliated with "Christine" ownership. That, my friend truly makes a statement - and it's not a flattering one. As I mentioned earlier, THIS particular thread was started because I had a problem with Johnny Rosen. Nobody disputes that this SECTION of the board is for Vendor Discussion... But let's at least try to stay on-topic within the threads. Again, UNLESS you've had a problem with Johnny Rosen or Murray Park, PLEASE save your woe-is-me, sour-grapes, whining-and-crying routine for YOUR OWN FRIGGIN' THREAD or perhaps your own forum, for that matter. My apologies if this torques anybody off... but like many others, I have grown tired of seeing just about every other thread on this forum turn into some kind of schoolyard pissin' match amongst members. We are all adults here, aren't we? -NM

I couldn't agree with you more Nathan and Steve!!

M'Lisa,  a non Christine car owner (duh, thats why I'm here and not there!)

57plymouth
Posted 2009-09-07 8:01 PM (#188008 - in reply to #187915)

Expert

MOPAR-TO-YA - 2009-09-07 12:26 AM

57plymouth - 2009-09-06 11:15 AM

:wince:
Uh-er-uh---- Brian I had no idea. You have such a lovely wife and daughter and I have been with my dear wife for 44 years. And I have only met you one time-- and then there is that moonshine problem --and you DO have a red and white Plymouth---No, it could never work--try to get over me ............ .......................MO

I'm hurt, and may never be the same. I though you were different from the rest...

I'm so depressed. You are driving me to drink. If I end up in Betty Ford, it will be on your head.

tnlowrider
Posted 2009-09-08 2:36 PM (#188072 - in reply to #187450)
Subject: RE: Johnny Rosen On "Bargain Shopping"

Extreme Veteran

Wow I just saw this thread!

"flushing OUR time down your Tennessee outhouse."

I only wish my outhouse had a flush lever! That would be awesome!
Nathan D. Manning
Posted 2009-09-08 2:58 PM (#188079 - in reply to #188008)

57plymouth - 2009-09-07 8:01 PM
I'm so depressed. You are driving me to drink. If I end up in Betty Ford, it will be on your head.

Brain, if you end up IN Betty Ford, I'm hoping you'd (both) be drunk enough to never remember it.
Enjoy that mental picture.

-NM
jonny windsor
Posted 2009-12-14 2:58 AM (#200730 - in reply to #187695)

I had a very similar email from johnny rotten when he sent me a email via ebay to call him about parts i was looking for , he found the parts but wanted me to bypass ebay, i sent him an email saying that he was using ebay to get customers but then not wanting them to make their cut and if every one did it people like me way down the bottom of the world couldnt find the parts we need , well that broke his lolly bag and all hell got written about what a ahole queer everything i was, he threatened me with allsorts of beatings and the usual dont ever buy or look at his stuff ever, could be had up for the threats he made but better to let him stew in his own pot , igot the parts i needed from freemans and they have perfect chrome with no pitting and half the price , hence i go back to freemans for other parts . all other U S ebay sellars have been awesome to deal , so iv dealt with george laurie and the rotter, george would get me again but never Johnny rotten the looser in the deal .
Jessica
Posted 2009-12-18 3:32 AM (#201204 - in reply to #187450)

Elite Veteran

Seeing this thread now, and compelled to comment (against my better judgement). I've not had experience with Mr. Rosen... but one would think that someone dealing with vehicles within the expanse of time he has, he would have a general clue as to what "going prices" were on average. That would clearly cut a lot of 'time wasting' down, and leave searching parts availablilty open for those who have a serious interest.

As far as what Ron said above: absolutely! EVERYONE shops around for price regardless of what the item is. We are in a recession, unemployment is at a tremendous high, and good vendors are hard to come by. People who's business practices only cater to a specific genre's (such as wealthy) alienate potential customers, and ultimately end up hurting themselves in the long run.

I'll quote something that someone said on this forum somewhere (I'm not sure who it was). It struck me so profoundly that I wrote it on a sticky-note and posted it here by my computer to see while I am working. "Anyone can sell stuff. It's the service or "value added" that sets you apart."

Jessica

PS. 13 yrs, Nathan? I remember back in 2002, when I first started talking with you (when I lived in Texas the first time), that you were getting your feet wet on buying your first FLK. Or at least that's what I recall.

Edited by Jessica 2009-12-18 3:34 AM
d500neil
Posted 2009-12-18 6:16 PM (#201262 - in reply to #201204)

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

Or, as some other vendor has said (advertised) : "The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten."

big m
Posted 2009-12-18 8:52 PM (#201283 - in reply to #187450)

Expert 5K+

I remember a slogan that was similar, Neil,

"The bitterness of poor uality remains long after the sweetness of a bargain price is forgotten"

---John
moparsteve
Posted 2009-12-20 3:40 PM (#201431 - in reply to #187450)

Elite Veteran

we gotta do something to this bum for giving nathan a hard time and making idle threats to others....
Jessica
Posted 2009-12-20 3:57 PM (#201433 - in reply to #187450)

Elite Veteran

It can't get any worse for a business than a bad reputation. Word of mouth travels, and it'll hit his pockets before he knows it. Just look at the impact that furvedere's posts about Memory Lane Classics had. I guarantee that he wouldn't have received a dime without being so tenacious.

If you count up the above posts claiming that "they'll never do business again" with the man, he's lost A LOT of business as it is over the years. How many members on this board have MULTIPLE cars?!

It never bodes well to bite the hand that feeds you.

Ps. Love those slogans, Neil and John.

Edited by Jessica 2009-12-20 4:00 PM
plymouthred
Posted 2018-01-30 4:35 AM (#557197 - in reply to #187450)

Regular

Rosen is a first rate Tosser. A friend of mine wanted to buy a 1959 Imperial Crown Coupe a number of years ago from Ebay. My friend contacted me as I had brought a few cars into Australia previously and he said he would hit the BIN and I would take it from there with regards shipping etc. No problem so I spoke to the seller which I then found out was Rosen. Car was paid for and I spoke to Rosen regading pick up details. Well after that it all turned to crap. I did a search on Ebay the next day for Imperials and what do you know the same car was on Ebay with a different seller ID. We contacted this seller and said what is this doing on Ebay We bought it yesterday BIN. Several Emails to and fro we realised Rosen had taken pics of it and posted it without the knowledge of the owners. Next thing my friend gets all these nasty Emails like the ones posted here. It got pretty nasty and my friend was worried about the 7K he had dropped on this car. I intervened and luckily calmed it all down and Rosen eventually agreed to refund the 7K and then my friend bought it from the actual owners. This could of gone real pear shaped and we were very very lucky to get the cash back. He might have a lot of parts for our cars but the guy is unethical to say the least.
60 Imp
Posted 2018-01-30 5:24 AM (#557198 - in reply to #557197)

Thanks for sharing that Chris. 9 years this thread has been dormant, and knowing this now might save someone heartache. Just another example of the value in this site. He aint the only one that is identified by people on this site as a crook. Karma.

Steve.
hemidenis
Posted 2018-01-30 11:07 PM (#557246 - in reply to #187450)

Expert

Rosen moved out from from Arizona after liquidated the parts. Sold one Imperial in auction.
Fireflite56
Posted 2018-02-01 9:19 PM (#557357 - in reply to #187450)

Extreme Veteran

Does anyone know where Rosen ended up moving to and if he, or a son/relative, is still in business? My dad got ripped off 20+ years ago by him. Paid for a part that was never received.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)