The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vintage Pennsylvania Inspection Stickers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - LITERATURE and COLLECTIBLESMessage format

LostDeere59
Posted 2017-08-14 8:52 PM (#546208)
Subject: Vintage Pennsylvania Inspection Stickers

Extreme Veteran

Not sure if this is literature or parts - please move if someplace else is more appropriate.

Recently found a gentleman who collects Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection stickers. He has a complete collection from 1928 to 2001 which is quite impressive. During his collecting he has accumulated many duplicates and is now selling off some of his "extra" items.

He handed out flyers at Macungie, but for those PA members who didn't happen to get one there or are from outside the area here's some information about him.

The stickers he offers are original vintage PA issued stickers, NOT reproductions. They are all in fine to very fine condition - unused, un-punched, and serial numbered.

He has most years available in single year stickers from 1928 to 1993, and split year (ie 1937/1938) from 1935 to 1970.

He just happens to live near me, so I got to meet him and get a look at his 'Master Set" when I purchased a super nice 1960 sticker for my Desoto. He is very knowledgeable about the SI program, the stickers, and the collection hobby. He even knows what years the stickers were on the passenger side instead of the drivers side of the windshield like today.

I plan to apply the 1960 sticker on the far left of my windshield next to the A-pillar where it would have been when it was current issue, then place the current valid SI sticker next to it.

His name is Shawn, and he can be contacted at: Hendrixkat@AOL.com

Gregg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
udoittwo
Posted 2017-11-05 6:24 AM (#551660 - in reply to #546208)
Subject: RE: Vintage Pennsylvania Inspection Stickers

Expert

Hey Shawn.
Are you the person I sold something too in Trapp a couple years ago? Can't remember what it was? Vague, EH?
Anyway, are there legal issues about putting the sticker on the car? What is the cost of a 1960? I probably would never use it, just might like to have one along with all the other paper stuff I've collected.
How many 1960s are availalbe? Just thinking that if you put one on, how long would it last?
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Karl.
udoittwo
Posted 2017-11-05 7:01 AM (#551662 - in reply to #546208)

Expert

Actually, my car was sold in Pittsburg in Sept. of 59, so I might be interested in a 1959 sticker. I think Pa. had 2 inspections a year back then?
Just curious, were there 2 different color stickers each year so they could be IDed as expired?
Later,
Karl.
LostDeere59
Posted 2017-11-05 1:05 PM (#551681 - in reply to #551660)

Extreme Veteran

udoittwo - 2017-11-05 6:24 AM

Hey Shawn.
Are you the person I sold something too in Trapp a couple years ago? Can't remember what it was? Vague, EH?
Anyway, are there legal issues about putting the sticker on the car? What is the cost of a 1960? I probably would never use it, just might like to have one along with all the other paper stuff I've collected.
How many 1960s are availalbe? Just thinking that if you put one on, how long would it last?
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Karl.

Shawn is the guy I got the sticker from. You should be able to reach him at: Hendrixkat@AOL.com
or through his intermittent Craigslist ads.

There are also plenty of guys selling reproduction stickers.

As far as legal issues, strictly speaking the letter of the law clearly states that only one inspection sticker can be affixed to a vehicle, so since I have both the vintage and current sticker on my car it is illegal. I figure who's gonna care, and if they do I'll deal with it at the time.

For a vehicle in PA with Antique tags that is not required to have an annual inspection, having an expired sticker on the windshield is a non-issue.

Gregg

udoittwo
Posted 2017-11-06 7:56 AM (#551716 - in reply to #546208)

Expert

Sorry Gregg for the wrong name.
The only reason I wanted to go with antique tags was to use my plates stamped "1960 PA. SUBURBAN" but I figure I don't need any more reasons to be pulled over by a cop that may question the them.
The interesting thing about the tags I found is they are almost mint and there are 2 identical plates. Pa. only uses a rear.
LostDeere59
Posted 2017-11-06 2:33 PM (#551733 - in reply to #551716)

Extreme Veteran

I'm only passingly familiar with license plate lore, but this guy has a great website and also links to other license plate websites. Check it out:

https://www.ricksplates.com/

I learn something new and interesting every time I look it over . . .

Gregg
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)