The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

56 354 - Fuel Pump adapter or Electric? Pressure concern
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

Manifest Predicament
Posted 2022-02-17 4:49 PM (#619503)
Subject: 56 354 - Fuel Pump adapter or Electric? Pressure concern

My fuel pump is dead (old Carter unit) and the rebuild kit is $75.. I saw that adapter from Hot Heads which you can also use a cheap small block F/P (maybe total of $75 when done).. I am planning that route as it seems simple to me but I do have laying around several old electric pumps I used for transfer pumps - the thing is one is 5 PSI max and the other is 8-9 PSI max.. Would they be sufficient? Or a freshly rebuilt WCFB - is 8PSI too much for the float valve or am I worrying about nothing. I could test it but the cheap fuel regulators don't work well so I'd love to go electric without one if possible.

Still is there any experience with this adapter that the mechanical isn't as dependable? I only ask as others have posted the variance in pump levers/eccentrics so was there just one eccentric for the 56 354?

Thank you!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Powerflite
Posted 2022-02-17 6:18 PM (#619505 - in reply to #619503)
Subject: Re: 56 354 - Fuel Pump adapter or Electric? Pressure concern

Expert 5K+

There's just one eccentric for both 354 and 392. I am using that adapter on a couple of engines and it does work. Rebuilding the old one would look better. I would use the 5psi pump. You don't need much psi. I believe the spec for the seat is 7psi, but those others may work without a regulator if they are far enough back that you get a pressure drop before you get to the carb.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)